- A type of ashtanga yoga focusing on the correct alignment of the body, making use of straps, wooden blocks, etc. as aids to achieving the correct postures.More example sentences
- Iyengar - The main focus of Iyengar yoga is precise alignment of muscles, bones and joints.
- Iyengar, taken from the teachings of yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar, emphasizes proper alignment in each posture for balance and strength, with the extensive use of props to assist people in maximizing their abilities in each posture.
- They did 90 minutes of Iyengar yoga three times a week, resulting in lowered pain severity and less need for medication, along with a boost in mood.
named after the Indian yoga teacher B. K. S. Iyengar (1918–), who devised the method.
More definitions of IyengarDefinition of Iyengar in:
- The British & World English dictionary