- (In the Jewish calendar) the eighth month of the civil and second of the religious year, usually coinciding with parts of April and May.More example sentences
- May this new month of Iyyar be for all us everywhere a month of increasing light and wisdom in our lives,
- This month falls in the Omer, and the first of Iyyar was the 16th day of Omer.
- Although Yom Hazikaron is normally observed on the 4th of Iyyar, it may be moved earlier or postponed if observance of the holiday would conflict with Shabbat.
More definitions of IyyarDefinition of Iyyar in:
- The British & World English dictionary