- 1A Mormon who is not strictly observant: the only thing that’s going to end up happening is me doing homework on Sundays and drinking Pepsi and being just another Jack MormonMore example sentences
- People who are Mormons but don't follow all the church teachings are called Jack Mormons, hence the funny name for a local brand of coffee.
- Some Jack Mormons may even still believe many or all of the Church's teachings, but for various reasons choose not to attend services or participate in church activities.
- So, they will say they're Mormon, party like rock stars, but adamantly tell you that they are not Jack Mormons.
- 2A sympathetic non-Mormon living among Mormons.More example sentences
- Though not yet a member of the Church, he was in Commerce to greet the struggling refugees from the horrors of the Missouri Persecutions...This was the original meaning of the epithet, "Jack Mormon," a non-member who supported and helped the Saints, and Daniel fit the description well.