- Of or relating to the work of the mathematician K. G. J. Jacobi.More example sentences
- He showed how to find integrals of a general system of partial differential equations by using sequential complete systems instead of passing to Jacobian systems.
- Göpel… finally, after ingenious calculations, obtained the result that the quotients of two theta functions are solutions of the Jacobian problem for p = 2.
- In order to calculate the inverse Jacobian matrix, we need the following derivatives of the functional response [F.sub.ki] (for all values of k and i).
nounBack to top
- A determinant whose constituents are the derivatives of a number of functions (u, v, w, ...) with respect to each of the same number of variables (x, y, z, ...).More example sentences
- Therefore, the determinants of the set of variable transformations (Jacobians) must be calculated for both states involved: the original and the new one, to properly weigh up each new configuration.
- He also worked on determinants and studied the functional determinant now called the Jacobian.
- These problems form the basis of a conjecture: every elliptic curve defined over the rational field is a factor of the Jacobian of a modular function field.
More definitions of JacobianDefinition of Jacobian in:
- The British & World English dictionary