- A pear of an early ripening variety.More example sentences
- Procure some Jargonelle pears, not too ripe; put them into a stewpan with sufficient water to cover them, and simmer them till rather tender, but do not allow them to break; then put them into cold water.
- On the wall outside, a pear tree bore luscious, ripening Jargonelles.
- The table was covered with dishes full of Jargonelles and pippins.
late 17th century: from French, diminutive of jargon2 (with reference to the color).
More definitions of JargonelleDefinition of Jargonelle in:
- The British & World English dictionary