- A member of a people widely scattered throughout the northwest of India and Pakistan.More example sentences
- ‘Muslims are angry since the Jats voted against many Muslim candidates in the Assembly polls,’ points out a BJP leader.
- Some pre-election polls suggested that BJP support had grown among Kshatriyas, Kayasthas, Jats and Yadavs and had increased its support among all categories except Dalits, scheduled tribes and Muslims.
- For example, the Jats, who were themselves drawn from classes branded as low by the Brahminical system, started exhibiting caste prejudices vis-a-vis the lower castes drawn from the Hindu fold.
More definitions of JatDefinition of Jat in:
- The British & World English dictionary