(also June beetle)
Definition of June bug in English:
A large brown scarab beetle that appears in late spring and early summer. Also called May beetle.
- Genus Phyllophaga, family Scarabaeidae: several species, especially the northern June bug (P. fusca)
- They range from the very short term, like the life cycle of a June bug, which lives only a few days, to the life cycle of a planet, which takes billions of years.
- Research shows that bug zappers kill plenty of insects, such as June bugs and moths, but not many mosquitoes.
- During a recent evening visit to a friend's house early this spring, I noticed some June bugs flying around the outside porch light.
Definition of June bug in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.