- (Chiefly in Jamaica, Belize, and the Bahamas) a masquerade held at Christmas, consisting of a street procession of characters in traditional costumes and dancing to drums, bells, and whistles.More example sentences
- Colorful costumes of all kinds can be seen at the annual Junkanoo festivals in Nassau and other locations.
- Elle and Arki celebrated her brother Ben's birthday by releasing white balloons from the end of the dock into the sunset, to the sound of the local Junkanoo band.
- Storr then describes the carnival of Junkanoo, which to him demonstrates the work ethic still alive in today's Bahamian culture.
More definitions of JunkanooDefinition of Junkanoo in:
- The British & World English dictionary