- A Dravidian language related to Telugu and using a similar script. It is spoken by about 24 million people, mainly in Kanara and Karnataka in southwestern India. Also called Kanarese.More example sentences
- Among Indian readers, the largest number of responses came from readers whose first languages were Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu or Kannada.
- The main languages of the South are: Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Tulu and Malayalam.
- Anand sings bhajans and other devotional songs in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Hindi.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Kannada and its speakers.More example sentences
- These were some of the examples quoted by speakers during a debate on marital relations on a Kannada channel on Wednesday on the occasion of Ugadi.
- The ‘big’ cinemas in Majestic, over which the resurgent Kannada film industry fought relentless battles, remained.
- Shivaraj Kumar, eldest son of the Kannada thespian, Rajkumar, took to acting soon after he completed his B. Sc. from Madras University.
the name in Kannada.
More definitions of KannadaDefinition of Kannada in:
- The British & World English dictionary