- A disease of unknown cause, occurring primarily in young children and giving rise to a rash, glandular swelling, and sometimes damage to the heart.More example sentences
- Inflammatory presentations may be the result of allergy, reflux disease or, rarely, neoplasm or Kawasaki disease.
- The cause of Kawasaki disease is unknown, and consequently there is no diagnostic test.
- Without treatment, about 1 in 100 children with Kawasaki disease die of heart problems.
1960s: named after Tomisaku Kawasaki, Japanese physician.
More definitions of Kawasaki diseaseDefinition of Kawasaki disease in:
- The British & World English dictionary