noun (plural same)
- 2The language of the Keres, of unknown affinity.More example sentences
- There are a multitude of reasons why the young men & women turning twenty-one this year are far less fluent in Keres than the twenty-one year olds of twenty-five years ago.
- Many of Lucero's students through the years have primarily spoken English, while most of the older people were fluent in their native language of Keres.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Keres or their language.More example sentences
- Here, as she does on many other occasions, Silko employs italics to introduce some background information about the traditions of the Keres people (their food and dances), as well as about coyote language.
- As with Tiwa, Tewa and Towa, there is some disagreement among the Keres people as to whether Keres should be a written language or not.
- Balance and harmony are two primary assumptions of the Keres people who inhabit the Laguna and Acoma Pueblos of New Mexico.
from American Spanish Queres, from American Indian.
More definitions of KeresDefinition of Keres in:
- The British & World English dictionary