Definition of Kirghiz in English:
noun (plural same)
1A member of an indigenous people of central Asia, living chiefly in Kyrgyzstan.
- In fact, the Kirghiz were one of the first groups of Afghan refugees to seek a haven in that country.
- And the interdependence of the Kirghiz and Wakhi has increased, alongside trade with the rest of Afghanistan.
- The ancient Kyrgyz were part of strong nomadic tribal unions, which proved to be a serious distress to China.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Kirghiz or their language.
- Dressed in ill-fitting Kyrgyz army fatigues - their clothes are in tatters and they have lost all their gear - the climbers appear on Kyrgyzstan's state-run TV.
- A few weeks later, just after my Outside story went to press, there was startling news from Kyrgyzstan: Sharipov survived the fall and was captured by Kyrgyz soldiers.
- Rakitin earlier said that several Kyrgyz citizens who witnessed the killings testified that the gunman was tall and had red hair, a description that bears little resemblance to Ivankov.
the name in Kirghiz.
Definition of Kirghiz in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan