- (In the Jewish calendar) the third month of the civil and ninth of the religious year, usually coinciding with parts of November and December.More example sentences
- The festival begins on the 25th day of Kislev and is celebrated for eight days.
- The Maccabees then purify the Temple and rededicate it on the 25th of Kislev, which is the date on the Hebrew calendar when we begin to celebrate the eight days of Chanukah.
- Torah has taught that the central concept of the month of Kislev is the illumination of darkness.
from Hebrew kislēw.
More definitions of KislevDefinition of Kislev in:
- The British & World English dictionary