- A microwave frequency band used for satellite communication and broadcasting, using frequencies of about 12 gigahertz for terrestrial reception and 14 gigahertz for transmission.More example sentences
- Hitherto, Ku-band frequencies were not permitted to be used by private telecom operators.
- The satellite carries four C-band transponders, two Ku-band transponders and a Mobile Satellite Service payload.
- It offers a much higher bandwidth than that found at Ku-band.
1990s: from Ku (arbitrary serial designation) + band.
More definitions of Ku-bandDefinition of Ku-band in:
- The British & World English dictionary