- A phagocytic cell that forms the lining of the sinusoids of the liver and is involved in the breakdown of red blood cells.More example sentences
- Iron deposition in the bile ductal epithelium and Kupffer cells was minimal.
- It can be identified in canaliculi, in hepatocytes, and in Kupffer cells.
- Normally, immune complexes are rapidly removed from the bloodstream by macrophages in the spleen, and Kupffer cells in the liver.
early 20th century: named after Karl Wilhelm von Kupffer (1829–1902), Bavarian anatomist.
More definitions of Kupffer cellDefinition of Kupffer cell in:
- The British & World English dictionary