Definition of Ladakhi in English:
noun (plural Ladakhis)
1A native or inhabitant of Ladakh.
- Traditional Ladakhi compost toilets used no water, and rural Ladakhis knew that such a scarce resource must be used carefully.
- Furthermore, she says, ‘one of the lessons that any foreigner working here learns is don't try and come in and tell the Ladakhis what to do.
- The changes wrought on the Ladakhis over the last few decades, she says now, ‘brought them a great sense of cultural inferiority.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Ladakh, the Ladakhis, or their language.
- Maulana Umar Gotu Nadwi, Imam of Jama Masjid Leh and Llam Konchu Pandey, an expert in Ladakhi language, are putting in their joint effort towards this.
- A few hours later after a long dizzying climb up a goat path, we sat together over a simple feast of tea and piping hot ground-wheat Ladakhi bread spread with butter and local apricot jam.
- At 3700m, Prinkiti is a low pass by Ladakhi standards.
the name in Ladakhi.
Definition of Ladakhi in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan