- A plain cross in which the vertical part below the horizontal is longer than the other three parts.More example sentences
- This sign with its staff nailed to the top of the cross would have given it somewhat the characteristic form of the Latin cross.
- The navy adopted the Latin cross as the cap insignia for Christian chaplains in 1863, the first faith-specific insignia approved for wear in the U.S. armed forces.
- The Latin crosses in one of the crossbands are the only other indication that this sampler was worked at a Catholic school.
More definitions of Latin crossDefinition of Latin cross in:
- The British & World English dictionary