Definition of Leninism in English:
Marxism as interpreted and applied by Lenin.
- They had an overly rigid interpretation of Marxism and Leninism.
- Conservative opponents of revolutionary socialism also repeated the idea that Leninism and Stalinism were the same thing.
- I have a very critical view about socialism, to say nothing of Leninism and Stalinism, but I have a great love for the Soviet Union.
- Example sentences
- Orwell's own brand of socialism was not Marxist, or Leninist, nor was it philosophical or even economic.
- But his main targets, Leninists, Trotskyists, some Anarchists, are the wrong ones.
- I don't mean a Leninist party or a Marxist party.
Pronunciation: /ˈlenənəst/noun& adjective
Pronunciation: /-ˌnīt/noun& adjective
Early 20th century: named after Lenin (see Lenin, Vladimir Ilich).
Definition of Leninism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.