- 1Of or relating to the Levites or the tribe of Levi: a Levitical priestMore example sentences
- A Levitical priest's work was terminated by death, but now ‘we have a great high priest, who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God’.
- The Chronicler sees the primary achievement of David and Solomon as the construction of the temple and the establishment of the types of clergy that were active in his day: priests, Levites, Levitical singers, and Levitical gatekeepers.
- To further protect the many from the few, Moses did not give the Levitical tribes an equal share of the land.
- 2 Judaism (Of rules concerning codes of conduct, temple rituals, etc.) derived from the biblical Book of Leviticus: a Levitical edictMore example sentences
- This perception of blindness in terms of social exclusion appears in some passages of the Israelite literature that presuppose the Levitical health care system.
- In the Levitical health care system, for example, some chronic diseases, such as leprosy, attached to the sick person a stigma that required his or her exclusion from the community.
- According to the Levitical purity system, blindness implied, first of all, an exclusion from the political religious system.
More definitions of LeviticalDefinition of Levitical in:
- The British & World English dictionary