Definition of Little League in English:
Youth baseball or softball under the auspices of an organization founded in 1939, for children up to age 12.
- I was wondering what active major league players played in a Little League World Series game?
- The games of Little League baseball and softball are played on six continents in more than 100 countries by millions of children.
- He was a California outfielder that had been hyped since Little League and had Major League pedigree to boot.
Little Leaguer noun
- Example sentences
- You just got beat by a guy who looks like a Little Leaguer!
- He said it was worse than a Little Leaguer's swing.
- You know, it's like a Little Leaguer bringing Babe Ruth on, and sitting down and talking to the guy.
Definition of Little League in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan