- The members of the House of Lords other than the bishops.More example sentences
- Members of the House of Lords (known as 'peers') consist of Lords Spiritual (senior bishops) and Lords Temporal (lay peers).
- The Lords Temporal sit in the House of Lords. The Lords Temporal make up the majority of the Lords members.
- The ceremony of introduction of an archbishop or bishop is broadly the same as for Lords Temporal, but Lords Spiritual are not preceded by Garter or Black Rod and have no Letters Patent to present.
More definitions of Lords temporalDefinition of Lords temporal in:
- The British & World English dictionary