noun• trademark , chiefly North American
- A solid transparent plastic made of polymethyl methacrylate (the same material as Perspex or Plexiglas): this replica, made of Lucite, is 7 inches tall [as modifier]: a clear Lucite baseMore example sentences
- Her furniture is formed of inflatable see-through plastic, while her bed looks like a solid block of lucite.
- Her acceptance was as gracious and exalting as if she herself had won the transparent, lucite trophy.
- She's got it lined with sheepskin everywhere you can see, and she's got these bubble chairs made of lucite that are suspended from the ceiling by chains.
1930s: from Latin lux, luc- 'light' + -ite1.
More definitions of LuciteDefinition of Lucite in:
- The British & World English dictionary