- The Bantu language of the Baganda people, widely used in Uganda.More example sentences
- The Eastern Lacustrine Bantu speakers include the Baganda people whose language is Luganda, the Basoga, and many smaller societies in Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya.
- One man shouted to Peter, for the crowd, in Luganda, ‘She's going to give you AIDS.’
- Deo spoke to us in Luganda, but not to Peter, of course.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Luganda.More example sentences
- Kawadwa, murdered by Idi Amin, was the key figure in musical theater and Luganda opera in the 1960s, establishing an art form that was seen internationally as equal to the Yoruba folk opera of Ladipo or Ogunde in Nigeria.
- Balokole is a Luganda word meaning ‘Saved People.’
- Most of the Amarula family's performances are in the Luganda language, but not all.
More definitions of LugandaDefinition of Luganda in:
- The British & World English dictionary