- 2The Anatolian language of the Lydians, of which some inscriptions and other texts have survived in a version of the Greek alphabet.More example sentences
- The simple songs and chants would be based not only on major and minor tonalities, but also on Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian and Locrian.
adjectiveBack to top
- Of or relating to the Lydians or their language.More example sentences
- There is clear evidence of a double standard in Schaps' consideration of the Lydian evidence.
- She is a Lydian girl who is an excellent weaver.
- And no mistake; Croesus had indeed enjoyed a delicious lunch of lam and turtle meat, a Lydian delicacy, four days back.
More definitions of LydianDefinition of Lydian in:
- The British & World English dictionary