Another term for Scleractinia.
More example sentences
- Madreporaria have greatly variable shapes widely depending on the physical and chemical conditions of the environment.
- Madreporaria are closely related to the Actiniaria (the common sea anemone), but unlike the latter, they produce a calcium carbonate skeleton and have less developed muscles and ciliated body walls.
- More example sentences
- Another factor contributing to the propagation of this disease is the decline of the madreporarians, which has cleared newly available surfaces for colonisation by the macro-algae which provide G. toxicus with an ecological niche.
- These conditions favour the construction of coral complexes by madreporarians.
Pronunciation: /-ˈre(ə)rēən/noun& adjective
Definition of Madreporaria in:
- The British & World English dictionary