Definition of Magahi in English:
A Bihari language spoken in central Bihar and West Bengal.
- Her research areas include pedagogical grammars of Hindi, linguistic structure of Magahi, and Magahi folklore.
- The Magadhi language (also known as Magahi) is a language spoken by 11,362,000 people in India.
- Some of these (e.g., on Assamese, Oriya, Maithili, Magahi, Bhojpuri, Sindhi, Konkani, and Kashmiri) are especially valuable because, until recently at least, comprehensive modern descriptions of these languages have not been available.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Magahi.
- Enter the email address and name of a friend or colleague in the following form to send them a copy of the Magahi version of Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- The people of this region primarily speak Bhojpuri (spoken by more than 200 million worldwide including more than 10 countries spanning 4 continents), though there are also sizeable Magahi speakers.
from Hindi Magadhī 'of Magadha'.
Definition of Magahi in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan