(also Maine Coon cat)
- A large, powerful domestic cat of a long-haired breed, native to America.More example sentences
- The Maine Coon is well known for its loving nature, kindly disposition and great intelligence.
- The Maine Coon is one of the largest purebreds, heavy-boned, broad-chested, with sturdy legs.
- One of the oldest natural breeds in North America, the Maine Coon is regarded as a native of the state of Maine.
1970s: so named because of partial resemblance to the raccoon.
More definitions of Maine CoonDefinition of Maine Coon in:
- The British & World English dictionary