Definition of Malinke in English:
noun (plural same or Malinkes)
1A member of a people living mainly in Senegal, Mali, and Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast).
- The Malinkes of Upper Guinea trace their ancestry to the founders of the great Mali Empire.
- Tea-time is an important break for the Malinke.
- The Mande peoples are comprised primarily of the Malinke, Bambara, and Juula.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Malinke or their language.
- The group's name means ‘one skin’ in the Malinke language.
- He was learning to play traditional Malinke drum music.
- Since the nations where the Malinke are found today have many other tribal peoples, it is likely that the school teachers are of a different ethnic group and do not speak the Malinke language.
the name in Malinke.
Definition of Malinke in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan