Definition of Maoism in English:
The communist doctrines of Mao Zedong as formerly practiced in China, having as a central idea permanent revolution and stressing the importance of the peasantry, of small-scale industry, and of agricultural collectivization.
- In contrast to Marx and Lenin, Maoism assumed a continuing class struggle even when Communism has been achieved, so that it was necessary for each generation to gain revolutionary experience.
- Eclectically drawing from elements of anarchism and Maoism, their group favoured ‘gut politics’ and were hostile to any far-reaching theoretical considerations.
- It was a mixture of Leninism, black nationalism, Maoism and Castroism, with the teachings of developing-world theorists like Fanon thrown in.
Maoist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- In the 1970s he would align himself with the Maoists.
- Our party has a strategic approach to uniting with others who do not share our Maoist politics and ideology.
- The Maoists returned to peace talks, agreeing on a cease-fire with the government, on Jan.29.
Words that rhyme with MaoismTaoism
Definition of Maoism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan