- The Indic language of the Marathas, spoken by about 60 million people in Maharashtra and elsewhere.More example sentences
- Most of the officers I trained there speak only Marathi, a language spoken in Maharashtra.
- But he was unable to speak or write Marathi and fellow students taunted him.
- Kannada too has always borrowed from Sanskrit, Prakrit, Marathi, Parsi, Arabic, and so on at various points.
Marathi, from Marāṭhā Maratha.
More definitions of MarathiDefinition of Marathi in:
- The British & World English dictionary