- A dark, sweet, fortified dessert wine that resembles sherry, produced in Sicily.More example sentences
- Red wine is used for poaching pears and macerating strawberries (a speciality of Bordeaux) while dessert wines such as Marsala and sherry are used in, respectively, zabaglione and English trifle.
- Grape-based alcohols - wine, champagne, port, sherry, Marsala, brandy, and other spirits distilled from grapes - have a global importance.
- Choose an authentic, dry white Marsala from Sicily, such as Lombardo.
adjective[postpositive] Back to top
- Cooked or flavored with Marsala: chicken MarsalaMore example sentences
- His cook has prepared your choice of New York strip or chicken Marsala with all the fixings.
- The buffet also will gain signature dishes such as shish kebab, chicken Marsala, chicken piccata and carved roast beef.
- I had chicken Marsala with a side of spaghetti in olive oil & garlic and took half of it home.
named after Marsala, a town in Sicily where it was originally made.
More definitions of MarsalaDefinition of Marsala in:
- The British & World English dictionary