Definition of Martian in English:
Of or relating to the planet Mars or its supposed inhabitants.
- The impact of the much larger Martian oscillations on the planet's climate is thought to be even more significant.
- Engineers have proposed passing Martian atmosphere through zeolite crystals.
- Carbon dioxide could be taken directly from the Martian atmosphere.
nounBack to top
A hypothetical or fictional inhabitant of Mars.
- April brings an invasion from the skies - aliens, UFOs and Martians.
- There are good Martians and there are bad Martians.
- Nonetheless, curious reports of canals, faces and sculptures have helped to foster a belief in Martians for many years.
Definition of Martian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia