Definition of Mary Jane in English:
1A flat, round-toed shoe for women and girls, with a single strap across the top.
- Lately I've seen some incredibly sexy styles reminiscent of a Mary Jane, but with an ankle strap and wedge heels that might be better for skirts.
- With a feminine, retro look and a just a bit of funk, these pretty Mary Jane pumps can be used to dress up a pair of jeans and are equally at home with one of this season's long, flowing skirts.
- This Mary Jane style with a buckle and thin sole is one of our most popular styles.
2 informal Marijuana.
- There, you can have all the women you want, do some Mary Jane, drink beer, have fun, its an awesome place, dude.
- She had written four bestselling novels at the time, but she was once a Mary Jane addict, and bought drugs off the streets.
- Today, I will begin to withhold smoking pot, and replace pot with something else that gives me pleasure. I will miss Mary Jane very much, but I know quitting is the right thing to do.
1920s: from the female given name Mary Jane.
Definition of Mary Jane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan