Definition of Mashona in English:
The Shona people collectively.
- In the 19th century much of what is now Zimbabwe was inhabited by the Mashona people and smaller associated tribes.
- In fact, the Mashona were empire-builders, farmers and sophisticated traders.
- He moved his mission complex up onto a nearby plateau, next to a grove of trees sacred to the ancestral spirits of the Mashona.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to the Shona people.
- A pretext came in 1893, when the Matabele carried out a punitive raid on a Mashona tribe in the company's territory.
- This may be considered the last town towards the north that is inhabited by the Mashona people.
- It was the Mashona people who built the impressive stone citadel, a sort of an acropolis on a hill, called the Great Zimbabwe.
The name in Shona.
Words that rhyme with Mashonabelladonna, Connor, donna, goner, gonna, honour (US honor), Maradona, O'Connor, Shona, wanna
Definition of Mashona in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.