- The Ndebele people collectively, particularly those of Zimbabwe.More example sentences
- Today it is the Matabele in Zimbabwe who are particularly suffering.
- There is no love lost between the Matabele and the other major tribe.
- The Matabeles are an off-shoot of the once mighty Zulus who conquered most of southern Africa in the early 19th Century.
from Sotho matebele, singular letebele, the name given to this people.
More definitions of MatabeleDefinition of Matabele in:
- The British & World English dictionary