- The first fully automatic water-cooled machine gun, designed in Britain in 1884 and used especially in World War I.More example sentences
- We've tossed out the Maxim gun for daisycutters and cruise missiles.
- From this distance the Maxim gun looks like the first wheel.
- Actually, he had envisioned his weapon for use by soldiers on the move - not as an aircraft weapon - because the Maxim gun had proved too heavy for mobile infantry.
named after Sir Hiram S. Maxim (1840–1916), American-born British inventor.
More definitions of Maxim gunDefinition of Maxim gun in:
- The British & World English dictionary