(also McIntosh red)
- A dessert apple of a variety native to North America, with deep red skin.More example sentences
- Empire combines the mild tartness of McIntosh with Red Delicious sweetness.
- The Mcintosh apple is another great apple that can be eaten raw, used in salads, or applesauces.
- McIntosh apples are my favorite kinds of apples, too!
late 19th century: named after John McIntosh (1777–1845 or 1846), the American-born Canadian farmer on whose farm the apple was discovered as a wild variety.
More definitions of McIntoshDefinition of McIntosh in:
- The British & World English dictionary