- A low-paid job with few prospects, typically one taken by an overqualified person.More example sentences
- Incidentally, I think that Webster's has it wrong; a McJob isn't just a low-paid dead-end job.
- Slightly disappointing, I'd have liked the hike in pay and the new location, but on the flip side, the job would have been a McJob.
- Bagging groceries for the elderly, scrubbing dishes at pizzerias or flipping greasy burgers at a McJob is about as glamorous as employment gets for most 16 year olds.
1980s: from McDonald's, a fast-food restaurant chain, + job1.
More definitions of McJobDefinition of McJob in:
- The British & World English dictionary