- A climate distinguished by warm, wet winters under prevailing westerly winds and calm, hot, dry summers, as is characteristic of the Mediterranean region and parts of California, Chile, South Africa, and southwestern Australia.More example sentences
- Much of southern Australia experiences a typical Mediterranean climate with hot dry summers and predominantly winter rainfall.
- While Ginkgo biloba is a hardy tree, it prefers areas with a distinct seasonality and moderate rainfall, such as Mediterranean climates with wet winters and hot summers.
- Both Southern California and South Africa's Western Cape Province have Mediterranean climates, characterized by long, dry summers and mild but wet winters.
More definitions of Mediterranean climateDefinition of Mediterranean climate in:
- The British & World English dictionary