- A sensory nerve ending that is sensitive to mechanical stimuli, found in the dermis in various parts of the body.More example sentences
- In primates, Pacinian corpuscles and Meissner's corpuscles within the skin confer vibrational sensitivity.
- It's because of the Meissner's corpuscles that these areas of your body are particularly sensitive.
- There is no known method of restoring Meissner's corpuscles or other specialized sensory nerve cells.
late 19th century: named after Georg Meissner (1829–1905), German anatomist.
More definitions of Meissner's corpuscleDefinition of Meissner's corpuscle in:
- The British & World English dictionary