Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of Meru in English:
noun (plural same or Merus)
1A member of a people of central Kenya.
- After a short chapter illustrating the devastating and demoralizing effects of these policies on the Meru, the author closes with a somewhat brighter vision of the future.
- Top in the off-the-beaten track category for either wildlife or back to nature activities are - Kakamega Forest, Marsabit, Meru, Mount Kenya, Mount Elgon and Shimba Hills.
- Although Paraiso did not exhibit the type of social tensions found in Meru, Kenya, it was still important that I was not associated with any particular social group in the study area.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Meru or their language.
- The Meru prison was designed to hold 500 prisoners, but currently has 1,400 people incarcerated.
- The 23 who were admitted to the Meru district hospital had swollen feet and open wounds, Tambum said.
- The Meru study, like others, 17-19 suggests that in Kenya the community with its networks of health and church volunteers has the capacity to care for patients at home but lacks adequate resources.
From the name of a town and district in central Kenya.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.