Definition of Middle America in English:
1The middle class in the US, especially when regarded as a conservative political force.
- There is a spirit of rebellion in Middle America, sustained by voices on talk radio, talk TV and the Internet, where the cultural hegemony of the American elite simply does not extend.
- Laugh-out-loud funny and acutely insightful, Live from Middle America will prove irresistible to those who recognize themselves in its pages, and marks the publishing debut of one of conservative America's most original voices.
1.1The Midwest of the US.
Middle American noun
- Example sentences
- Yet recently, something has happened here that's happened in countless other Middle American towns and cities across the country: the people who are usually anti-political have been politicized.
- Although concerned with arcane subject matter, his two previous features - Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show - are among the funniest portrayals of Middle American life made in the past decade.
- Democrats have nominated presidential candidates who try to figure out Middle American values by reading the polls, instead of feeling them in their gut.
Definition of Middle America in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.