- The Low German language (spoken in northern Germany) from circa 1200 to 1500.More example sentences
- Low German dialects descended from Middle Low German and Old Low German counterparts, which in turn came from the West Germanic sub-branch of the Germanic branch of Indo-European languages.
- Old Low German became Middle Low German at about the same time and entered into a period of substantial development.
- The present paper aims to provide a typologically based assessment of the common claim that the demise of morphological case marking in Mainland Scandinavian since the Late Middle Ages is in some way influenced or even caused by contact with Middle Low German.
More definitions of Middle Low GermanDefinition of Middle Low German in:
- The British & World English dictionary