Definition of Mixmaster in English:
1US trademark A type of electric food processor: figurative he put together proposals, ideas, and advice in a kind of cerebral Mixmaster
More example sentences
- Streamlining was egalitarian, adding modern beauty to useful designs - from lamps to Mixmasters - priced for everyone.
- My parents assumed they were due a bigger fridge with freezer, four burner stove and three-rack oven, dishwasher, toaster, mixmaster etc.
1.1 (also mixmaster) informal A sound-recording engineer or disc jockey who is an accomplished mixer of music.
- After successfully contributing remixes to several collections, he puts together his own compilation featuring fellow mixmasters and band favourites.
- The mixmaster in the spotlight this time is an obvious fan of old-school funk, hip-hop, electro and reggae.
- Not, as you might think, an organisation that cares for old, decrepit deejays, but a charity set up by mixmasters to donate money to a Music Therapy Trust.
Definition of Mixmaster in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia