Definition of Moldavian in English:
1A native or inhabitant of Moldavia.
- We are being given no more choice about fighting violent expansionists than were the Franks and Spaniards of the 8th century or the Hungarians and Moldavians of the 16th.
- Its cuisine betrays historical connections with Byzantine cookery, Greece, and Turkey (which effectively ruled the Moldavians for 300 years), besides the two immediate neighbours.
- While 98% of the population are Eastern Orthodox believers, some Moldavians are Protestant and Jewish.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Moldavia, its inhabitants, or their language.
- The Council had expressed its concern about the media situation in Moldova, requesting Moldavian authorities to ensure that press rights were respected.
- Two Moldavian policemen were killed when they tried to stop delivery of a consignment to ethnic Gagauz militants, according to local press accounts.
- In the introduction, Cooper reveals that at the beginning of the war Paddy was living with ‘the first great love of his life’ on a rambling Moldavian estate.
Definition of Moldavian in:
- British & World English dictionary