- A crude incendiary device typically consisting of a bottle filled with flammable liquid and with a means of ignition. The production of similar grenades was organized by Vyacheslav Molotov during World War II.More example sentences
- In fact, they were throwing Molotov cocktails and hand grenades and firing AK - 47s.
- They had studied firearms, explosives and tactical training, and learned how to detonate hand grenades, Molotov cocktails and a rocket-propelled grenade launcher.
- At least 50 officers were wounded over the weekend when they came under a hail of live rounds, paint bombs, pipe bombs, Molotov cocktails, and paving stones, police said.
More definitions of Molotov cocktailDefinition of Molotov cocktail in:
- The British & World English dictionary