Definition of Mongolian in English:
1A native or inhabitant of Mongolia.
- Totally distinct from Chinese, the languages of minority groups such as Tibetans, Uighurs and Mongolians are officially recognized and taught in schools.
- While more than 90 percent of China is Han, the country has more than 50 ethnic minorities, including different Muslim groups, Tibetans, Koreans and Mongolians.
- The project would displace 4,000 people, including Tibetans and Mongolians from their grazing lands and water sources.
2The Altaic language of Mongolia, written in an unusual vertical cursive script; related forms are spoken in northern China.
- The Turkmen of Iraq, some 500,000-700,000 strong, speak an Altaic language related to Mongolian and perhaps very distantly to Korean and Japanese.
- Korean is generally thought to belong to the Altaic language family, along with Turkish, Mongolian, Japanese, and other languages.
- Most Mongolians are Buddhist and speak Mongolian.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Mongolia, its people, or their language.
- In the local Mongolian language, Lugu means falling into the water.
- But the existence of the Mongolian language still kept me aware of the uniqueness of this nationality.
- Cultural centers and libraries promote the Mongolian language and cultural productions in cities, towns, and even in the pastoral areas.
Definition of Mongolian in:
- British & World English dictionary