- • informal Money regarded as having no real existence or value.More example sentences
- You'd think they would have blown some tax dollars doing some kind of marketing blitz warning the American public that this Monopoly money is real…
- To be fair, they did point out that the business school was built with dodgy arms-deal money, or Monopoly money, or something.
- I want to remind those who want to spend Monopoly money on horses that the value of their investments can go down as well as up.
from the imitation money used in the game of Monopoly ( see monopoly ( sense 2).
More definitions of Monopoly moneyDefinition of Monopoly money in:
- The British & World English dictionary