Definition of Moral Majority in English:
1A political action group formed in the 1970s to further a conservative and religious agenda, including the allowance of prayer in schools and strict laws against abortion.
- He is another Catholic who was a part of the Moral Majority at the beginning.
- The Moral Majority kicks off with a pro-life, pro-traditional family, pro-national defense and pro-Israel platform.
- During the Summer, Falwell's support of Reagan gained high visibility for his Moral Majority movement that had been formed the previous year.
1.1 (moral majority) [treated as plural] The majority of people, regarded as favoring firm moral standards: smokers are often made to feel like social outcasts by the moral majority
More example sentences
- They have no moral majority to make this stance, and I say that it is an affront to our Westminster democratic system.
- We have to be very careful of minorities that present themselves as the moral majority when they are not.
- It is unfortunate that we have not been able to secure a UN resolution or even a moral majority.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan