noun (plural Moros)
- A Muslim inhabitant of the Philippines.More example sentences
- The Spanish nicknamed the Philippines' Muslim inhabitants the Moros, a corruption of the word Moors.
- With his credentials as colonial administrator solidly established, Wood was next sent to the Philippines and given the thankless task of subduing the Muslim Moros of the southern islands.
- The Moros are Muslim tribes people who inhabit central and western Mindanao, the second largest island in the Philippines.
Spanish, literally 'Moor'.
More definitions of MoroDefinition of Moro in:
- The British & World English dictionary